Monday 28 November 2011

Christmas Cookies and a few new cards/craft

So today I decided to try some new cookie recipes for Christmas givings. I tried a new recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. They turned out better than expected since I, for once, left 2 inches in between them on the cookie sheet. They actually turned out round instead of my usual square cut cookies! Yumm! looks as good as they taste this time!
Then I tried my version of a Snap, Crackle and Pop, a no bake cookie I found. This is a Rice Crispie and peanut butter ball, cooled , then dipped in chocolate. My version was 1/2 peanut butter and 1/2 Nutella and Special K(that's what I had )! It was more time consuming than a baked cookie, but they are pretty good. And lastly, a meringues, which I have always loved to make, but can never find the last recipe I used to make them, so I seem to be trying new ones every year! This year I did lemon meringues. I was curious to try them and thought at the end of mixing they might be to lemony so I added a few chocolate chips to the mix  (not a lot). They turned out well also. So good day of baking but these aren't your cute little Christmas cookies that you 'HAVE TO MAKE' every year, like sugar cookies in tree and bell shapes, so that's another day. These will be 'filler' cookies...the kind that you put on the plate to round it off, making it look your the star of the kitchen! I try to sneak in a couple new cookies every year to add some spark to the old favorites.
Here are a few more cards and crafts from last week. I have started the Christmas cards so pics soon to come!


These are desk calenders I made last week. They are about 4 by 7 inches, but the calendar itself, is quite small.

I love how this turned out! This is not my idea,  and I must say what a clever idea it is. I have one of those little flameless candle lights in a wine glass and the shade I made, on top of it . It really looks cute, turned on. I could see a really nice table set up with a few of these  or just as a fancy little night light!

HELP! Having trouble with captions for the three cards!


Oh no another frog!













Here is another smash book. I made this one for some one who lives on the beach and has a dog just like this one on the cover! You know who you are, but act surprised at Christmas anyways ok?
    
Money or gift card holders.

No comments:

Post a Comment